Last Updated: April 2023
What personal information is collected through this website and how is it used?
We collect information about our users in three ways: directly from the user, from our Web server logs and through cookies (collectively, “Personal Data”).
User-supplied information: If you fill out the contact form on this website, we will ask you to provide some personal information (such as e-mail address, name, phone number, or address). We only require that you provide an e-mail address on the contact form. Please do not submit any confidential, proprietary or sensitive personally identifiable information (e.g. Social Security Number; date of birth; drivers license number; or credit card, bank account or other financial information) (collectively, “Sensitive Information”). If you submit any Sensitive Information, you do so at your own risk and we will not be liable to you or responsible for consequences of your submission. Information that you provide to us through the contact form will be used so that we may respond to your inquiry. We may also use information you provide to us to communicate with you in the future. If you do not wish to receive such communications, you may opt out (unsubscribe) as described below.
Web server logs: When you visit our website, we may track information about your visit and store that information in web server logs, which are records of the activities on our sites. The servers automatically capture and save the information electronically. Examples of the information we may collect include:
- the name of your unique Internet service provider;
- the kind of browser or computer you use;
- the number of links you click within the site;
- the date and time of your visit;
- the web page from which you arrived to our site;
- the pages you viewed on the site; and
- certain searches/queries that you conducted via our website(s).
The information we collect in web server logs helps us administer the site, analyze its usage, protect the website and its content from inappropriate use and improve the user’s experience.
To explore what Cookie settings are available to you, look in the “preferences” or “options” section of your browser’s menu. To find out more information about Cookies, including information about how to manage and delete Cookies, please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
How We Use Your Personal Data
We process Personal Data to operate, improve, understand, and personalize our Service. We use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- Conduct regular business operations, including managing our contractual commitments, our obligations to regulators and authorities, supplier management, customer engagement, and the development of new products and services.
- Provide the information, item, or service you have requested (this may include the use of geographic location data for certain applications to facilitate services such as granting access to a building or elevator or enabling integrated features of our elevator services).
- Provide you with customized services and content relevant to your specific needs and interest.
- Manage our local and centralized operational databases including without limitation our enterprise resource planning tools (ERP), our customer database.
- Comply with our legal or contractual obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our Terms of Service.
- Respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- For any other business purpose stated when collecting your Personal Data or as otherwise set forth in applicable data privacy laws, such as the California Consumer Privacy Act (the “CCPA”).
Sale of Personal Data
As defined in the CCPA, we do not sell your personal data.
How is personal information protected?
We take certain industry standard security measures to help protect your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. However, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized persons will always be unable to defeat our security measures.
Who has access to the information?
We will not sell, rent, or lease mailing lists or other user data to others, and we will not make your personal information available to any unaffiliated parties, except to agents, website vendors and/or contractors who may use it on our behalf or in connection with their relationship with us.
Personal Data of Children
We do not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Data from children under 16. If you are a child under 16, please do not attempt to register for or otherwise use our website or send us any Personal Data. If we learn we have collected Personal Data from a child under 16, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a child under 16 may have provided us Personal Data, please contact us at email@example.com.
California Resident Rights
You have the right to request more information about the Personal Data we hold about you and request a copy of such Personal Data by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have the right to request that we delete the Personal Data that we have collected from you. Under the CCPA, this right is subject to certain exceptions: for example, we may need to retain your Personal Data to provide you with the Service or complete a transaction or other action you have requested. If your deletion request is subject to one of these exceptions, we may deny your deletion request.
Exercising Your Rights
To exercise the rights described above, you must send us a request that (1) provides sufficient information to allow us to verify that you are the person about whom we have collected Personal Data, and (2) describes your request in sufficient detail to allow us to understand, evaluate, and respond to it. Each request that meets both of these criteria will be considered a “Valid Request.” We may not respond to requests that do not meet these criteria. We will only use Personal Data provided in a Valid Request to verify you and complete your request. You do not need an account to submit a Valid Request.
We will work to respond to your Valid Request within 45 days of receipt. We will not charge you a fee for making a Valid Request unless your Valid Request(s) is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that your Valid Request warrants a fee, we will notify you of the fee and explain that decision before completing your request.
You may submit a Valid Request or send us any questions by emailing us at: email@example.com.